1.31.2010

Saved From the Scrap Pile

She looks just like a Scottish twin, doesn't she? :-)


Again, here's a picture of the 1974 McCall's pattern:


In my last post about this doll, I was seriously thinking about scrapping things and starting over. I went ahead and embroidered the eyes/facial features, yet even after trying out various hairstyles, I still wasn't happy with things.

Problem solved! I ended up permanently sewing on this hood/capelet. It masks the funny head shape. Kind of. And then I discovered this Euro corduroy in my stash (I love finding forgotten fabric!). Since she's so small (9.5 inches), I hardly used any corduroy at all, and it seemed to coordinate nicely with the faux-sherpa fleece hood thing.


Other than working a bit more on her shoes, she's done and has been claimed by my youngest (she "helped" me sew the shoes last night). This project definitely inspired me and I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head...but more on that later. For now, I need to turn my attention back to my regular dolls and some sewing for my daughters.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dolls. I hand stitch my dolls faces too. I love it. I am just smitten with all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I spent a solid evening last week reading through your blog. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete