1.18.2010

A Special Delivery

My younger sister is due to have a baby boy this week! It will be a first on my side of the family; a good new thing for all of us. I, for one, will have to venture into "boy" fabrics and sewing boy clothes. At least I'll have a wonderful reason to buy more fabric.

I just completed some 0-3 month clothes for him and I hope to get this all in the mail tomorrow, along with some other gifts. The outfits are from the NCBE pattern. I've used the pattern a few times in the past, but it's the first time I have also made the hats and bottoms. What a great pattern! So easy and fun to make. The fabric is all Chez Ami, except for the tiny cars.


I did take some shortcuts (no top-stitching!), but I have a feeling he won't be going out too much these next few months anyways. Next time I'll pay a bit more attention to detail/finishing.

Since I don't have any size tags or labels, I used a bit of Japanese linen trim to mark the back of the pants. It's so hard to tell front from back on these little pants sometimes! That's a tiny sewing machine on the "label". It's sort of hard to see in this picture.


I also made a little sleep sack and a coordinating nightgown for his big sister. The sleep sack is made from the softest fabric ever and lined in a 100% cotton ribknit, both by Chez Ami. Looks like I should have taken the time to press these two pieces before taking a picture. :)


I can't wait to get the phone call that he's here!

2 comments:

  1. love these baby outfits, you did a fabulous job. Can I ask you what type of fabric this is? Interlock or jersey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks so much! The fabric above is a mix...I know the tiny cars (the print on white) is a jersey. The others are an interlock or a ribknit. I checked chez ami's site and they only have the dogs in a jersey now. I'm pretty sure mine is interlock...I'll have to check.

    But I will say, I really love all chez ami's fabrics. I've made several things for my girls out of their jersey...even their cotton-lycra. All great quality fabrics and easy to work with.

    Hope that helps!

    http://www.chezami.com/exp.ja6?file=pad2WC0PY6IR04180&pathcode=fabricshop&subgroup=&sessionid=2WC0PY6IR04180

    ReplyDelete