3.28.2010

Easter Crafts


The girls were busy working on their Easter egg dioramas today. Other than using too much flour in the paper mache mix, the project was definitely a success. The girls are proud. They also spent some time making small "eggs" out of wool roving and hot, soapy water. Those are buried somewhere under the paper grass above. And they sort of look like eggs :).

Watching them, however, got me thinking. I had one of those ideas that seems so brilliant and easy in your head. But then it doesn't turn out the way you envisioned. And it's taking more time than I hoped. Hmph. Here is a sneak peek. This chick must have escaped from one of the dioramas. Not sure what it's doing here.


Tomorrow morning, the girls and I are headed down to SoCal to see my parents and older sister/family. I'm bringing the project above and lots of wool felt. We'll see if I can make it work.

Otherwise, I'm also bringing the fabric below to make a simple tote bag for my oldest daughter; she desperately needs one for piano lessons. The adorable fabric alone assures me success with this project. And it will be an excuse to use my mom's fancy sewing machine.


Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. We are woking on some Easter crafts as well. made some paper mache egss, next up bunnies and maybe some cupcakes closer to Sunday.

    ReplyDelete