3.22.2010

Meet Beatrice


This little one is named Beatrice. She was a recent birthday present for a special family friend who just turned three. The doll has short blond curls and big brown eyes, just like the Birthday Girl.


I actually sewed this doll last summer, but as my first blog post described, I got stuck on her face. I fixed her up as best I could and made her a sweet pink dress. Then last month when I saw the Birthday Girl, she was wearing a sparkly red headband to hold back her curls. I decided her doll needed a headband, just the same.

And the Birthday Girl had on glittery red slippers. Her doll needed those, too.


The doll's hair was made using a bulky wool/cashmere yarn. It is so soft, but to be honest, I'm a bit worried about the fuzz-factor. The Birthday Girl's mom has assured me, though, that this doll will have a safe place up on a shelf for awhile, until her daughter is a bit older. Also, I don't have a problem re-doing the hair a few years down the line if it proves to be a problem.

Here is a close-up of her curls.


And here is Little Bea and Louisa :).

10 comments:

  1. Another stunning, wonderful doll! I want to be a birthday girl too :-) I'm starting to get the itch to make some sewn dolls.

    Lovely work!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing doll. I love her hair. Did you make those shoes? That is some talent. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both!

    @ beth - you should give it a try!

    @ ricebabies - oh, gosh NO! i did not make those shoes. i should have specified that in my post. although, i thought they were going to be really glittery when i ordered them. and these are made out of a material i could find at any fabric store. so, i may actually try making a (soft-soled) pair in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love your dollies so much. You are amazingly talented and have such a gift for these sweet faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much goosegirl :). they're fun to make. although i feel guilty. i should be sewing more clothes for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm blown away by your dolls again! They are so artful with all the details. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Started my little Exchange today, if you want to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Amber. Thank you :)

    @ Ricebabies - I'll check it out. It's a vintage swap, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog.
    your dolls are simply amazing! Hours and hours of work and love must have gone into making each one. they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her hair! YOu should do a tute for that kind of hair. your other hair tutorial is fabulous and just what I was looking for. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete