4.05.2010

Fun Craft Project for Kids

We're in birthday party planning mode here at my house. My oldest will be turning seven next month, and as we were thinking back to last year's party successes/failures, I thought I'd share one craft project we did that was a hit with both kids and parents.

We found these unfinished wooden people/picture frames at Michael's for $1 a piece. I still see them there every time we go, so if you have one nearby, snag a few! I bought a bunch. They have them both in a "girl"/dress-style and a regular cut-out that can be used for a boy or girl.

I used acrylic craft paint and wool felt for the hair and made a up a few samples for the kids to see.

This is my youngest daughter. She's wearing her favorite Robeez of last summer.


And since my girls' cousins couldn't attend the party, I painted a few wooden people frames so that they could at least be there in pictures (we posed them with all the other picture stands being painted/drying at the time). This one just shows one of the cousins who was missing. She likes to wear a lot of Hanna Andersson :).


I had all the wooden people frames ready with pictures of all the kids that were coming to the party (boys and girls). I also had all sorts of hairstyles cut out of wool felt for the kids to choose from and felt scraps available in case kids wanted to cut out their own hairstyle, or make clothes, etc. I put out an array of fabric/felt scraps, stickers, etc. for them to use as accessories.

Here are two that my older girls painted. My oldest daughter is the blond and my middle daughter painted the other one. She was 3 at the time.



I have a few wonderful pictures of all the wooden frames lined up once they were finished, but out of respect for others' privacy, I'll just share those of my kids :).


I thought this project was really fun. And it was part of their party favor to take home, right before Mother's Day. They all turned out really cute :).

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. My oldest is 4, time goes by so fast, don't you wish you could freez it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you'll have 3 kids, 4 and under. That's what we had over here when my youngest was born. It was a busy time, but as you said, it went by fast.

    ReplyDelete