6.10.2010

Etsy Love

Adorable!

Image from Crafty is Cool

This pattern by Crafty is Cool almost makes me want to learn how to crochet. So cute. If I wasn't already so short on time these days...

For Halloween in 2004 (almost six years ago?!?), my husband and I and our oldest (back then our only child) were a few of the characters from Where the Wild Things Are. I made my mask and my husband made his. My daughter wouldn't wear the wolf hood/ears, but she was fine with the crown.


I later knitted/felted a Wild Things crown and attempted to take some pictures of the two older girls in the same costumes a few years ago, but "Max" wouldn't cooperate/stay still. Hmmm, I'll have to try this again with all three girls.


Speaking of Etsy Love and Where the Wild Things Are, this crown by Rice Babies is simply awesome. So so cute! Her Etsy store is here. She has lots of great things in her store :).

Image from Rice Babies

And back to crochet patterns, my girls love this one, found at Pepika's Etsy store. Why are there so many cute crochet patterns, but not as many for knitters?

Image from Pepika

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my crown. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my favorite things you make! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly let me say, I am COMPLETELY. BLOWN. AWAY. by your dolls. They are absolutely stunning. Your daughter also seems like she is going to follow in her mother's footsteps!

    Now, as a relative newcomer to crochet, all I can say is - you can do it! It's a tad tricky at the start (mostly to do with having two left hands), but YouTube has heaps of great tutorials. It is a terrific way to learn because they are filmed the way you look at your own hands - as opposed to watching someone else do it in reverse IYKWIM. Once you have a few basic stitches down pat, you can make almost anything. Crochet is really just variations of those few stitches.

    ReplyDelete