9.28.2010

Little Witch Doll Puppet

Here is a little witch doll cone puppet I finished up over the weekend. My daughters all made their own yesterday afternoon (kid tutorial coming!).


The girls (mostly my 5 year-old) really wanted this doll to have black eyes. "Black as night Mom, Black as niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!" They also wanted her to have purple hair, but I overruled them because bulky black yarn (I have no bulky purple) = quick ponytails on a teeny tiny doll head.


With black eyes and black hair and a black velvet cape, this doll was looking incredibly somber. I tried my best to make her NOT SCARY. That was my goal. But she looks so sad. So I gave her a purple hat.


Not that the hat helped at all. I just had to throw another color in there besides black.

I don't think she looks scary. In fact, I think she looks scared.


I've actually been having a lot of fun playing with this puppet. My 2 1/2 year old is mesmerized by it. The way the puppet moves, turns from side to side, up and down. My youngest giggles and smiles and laughs. I wish I had four hands so I could capture a picture of it.


I could have spent days on this project. Easily. I had originally planned to devote more time to the cone part of the puppet - a few cute Halloween wool felt appliques, maybe some cool embroidery, etc. Then my oldest daughter suggested making the cone a giant candy corn and I jumped on the idea. Excellent!

6 comments:

  1. Outstanding! I think she is wonderful, not scary or scared...a serene little witch :-)

    The candy corn cone is just perfect.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love her! Such a pretty witch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth, Shelly and Shari :).

    ReplyDelete