11.18.2010

Great Guess/Idea and Clue #2

Someone emailed me last night, and took a guess at what I am making: a Milly-Molly-Mandy doll! It's not the correct answer, but isn't it a fabulous idea? I told her I thought it was. And of course, the pink and white striped fabric in my last post would be perfect for her outfit.

Ever since then I have been thinking I *need* to make a Milly-Molly-Mandy inspired doll at some point. My girls have the book already, so maybe it will be a gift (the doll + the books) for another little girl someday. Hmmm.

And moments ago, while searching around Amazon for an image of the book, I found this gift set. How sweet !

You can buy this gift set on Amazon here.

Still, I plan to make one. I think I have to :-P.

Anyways, here is Clue #2:

I plan on using this felt to make a little hat.


Any ideas?

12 comments:

  1. I have no idea what this could be, but you MUST make a Milly Molly Mandy doll, and a girly dress to match. We love those stories so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @greatjencreations - I think I'd have a lot of fun making a doll that resembles Milly Molly Mandy. And a girl-sized dress to match is a great suggestion!

    @ Grace - no, not a Leprechaun :-). The clues will make more sense over the next week or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a clown either. Keep guessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not an elf :) But that's also a good guess considering the green felt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea, but a milly-molly-mandy would be adorable. Thanks for your message on my blog earlier, the illustration will be available as a screen print very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dolls are so beautiful! A Milly-Molly-Mandy doll would be divine. I like the one here, but I feel like yours would be better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try rose petal, although I dont think she had stripes. she was my very favorite doll.she was given to after my father died, so i had a special connection to her.

    i have ruled out pippi lonstocking, i think she was red tights and no hat, not rainbow bright, holly hobby and the gingham girls wre gingham not stripes.

    can you tell i'm having a super fun time with your game? =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ belleandboo - i'll be looking for that print! i love it! thanks for the response :)

    @ SaraLynn - thank you :). it's nice to read such kind words.

    @ ricebabies - you are funny! i'll have another clue on monday. i'll try and make the clues a little more specific as time goes on. but no, it's not rose petal (i'm intrigued...never heard of that doll. she sounds like she was very special to you).

    ReplyDelete