9.12.2012

A Velveteen Bunny



Well, not actually "velveteen".  This little bunny above is made of super soft, cuddly minky fabric.  He is such a squishy, snuggly toy!  I made him last month as part of a baby shower gift for a very dear friend.  We were asked to bring our favorite children's book for the baby.  I chose The Velveteen Rabbit and decided to make a toy to go along with it.

If you're looking for a stuffed bunny pattern, you'll find this pattern included in my book!  It is one of the easier projects and one of my favorites.  Even better - it's a quick project!  You can sew up a bunny or two in an evening - no problem!

I've mentioned before my fondness for rabbits.  

Me and my husband and my bunny...many years ago.

So when sketching out what toys I wanted to design for this book, a bunny was a MUST.  I decided on a simple design.  And I'm so happy with the result.  A lot of little kids in my family will be receiving some stuffed bunnies in their Christmas stockings this year.

The bunny below was one of the "final drafts" of this toy, "claimed" almost immediately by my youngest daughter (it's been slept upon many nights).  I used cotton velour and cream organic cotton sherpa fabric.  He is stuffed lightly with wool and is so warm and cuddly. 


My youngest's stuffed bunny perched on her pillow in the dim, Pink Room.


Here is a better photo.  I love this pattern!  I hope some of you love it, too!



8 comments:

  1. This is my third time trying to comment here. I love this bunny! Can't wait for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh! I can't wait to make this bunny! I've been looking for a bunny to make to give alongside The Velveteen Rabbit book for forever- you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, Jessica! That would be awesome to see a bunny or two on your table at Renegade next year :). You make such cute toys!

      Delete
  3. Love the big, cute bunny head, Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Anne! I just took a quick look at your blog and will make it my lunch-time read :). Your art looks amazing! I've been wanting to take some art classes lately, as I can't think of anything more fun than drawing...it tops sewing even!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Painting is alot of fun! It should be anyway. I was a clay artist for 40 years, so three years ago, when it came to painting I had no ego tried up in it...therefore I could paint freely and not worry if it was "good" enough.... that made it fun!

    I would love to see what you do in an art class! Go for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'd have a similar experience...just have fun with art and not worry about being good enough, etc. Okay...I think I'll go ahead and sign up for a class!

      Delete